- Doh Therapy within school have been developed to support students with a range of needs that affect their ability to access the curriculum fully.
- Our Occupational Therapist provides advice and support for sensory issues, fine and gross motor skills, mobility issues and allocated equipment to staff who support Doh Therapy sessions.
- Our Occupational Therapist is predominantly in school Fridays and supports our weekly Intervention Morning and works with the Doh Therapy lead.
Aims of Intervention
- To support students with fine motor skills through advice and support plans.
- To liaise with parents to ensure advice and support is shared and opportunities are given to develop skills in the home environment.
- To support school staff to ensure consistency of approach and best support for students across the school day.
- The programme will be personalised for each individual student referred.
- The Occupational Therapist and Intervention lead will observe students and gather information through parental contact and liaising with staff.
- Students will access the designated programme throughout the school week ensuring they have opportunities to generalise their skills.
- Assessment materials used have been developed and these help to develop the personalised programme for each student.
- Regular review of Care Plans.
- Policy and protocol regularly updated.
- Contributing to training school staff on up to date issues.
- Liaising with allocated staff to ensure programmes are implemented appropriatly and effectively.
- Interim reports and contributions to the school annual review process.