- The MOVE programme sets long term, achievable goals with pupils and their families which aim towards developing physical skills and increasing independence.
- The long term goals are broken down into smaller steps that can be integrated into everyday life.
- The programme is suitable for those who struggle sitting, standing or walking confidently or for those who are maintaining these developing skills.
- A holistic approach is undertaken when setting up the programme for a student and involves the senior MOVE practitioner in school and the Occupational Therapist.
- Personalised targets are set for each individual student.
Aims of Intervention
- Increase the independence of students through movement.
- Increase self-help skills.
- Increase the quality of life, communication and inclusion for students.
- Three long term goals are selected by family, practitioner and student.
- These are broken down into achievable targets using the MOVE manual.
- Programmes are then developed so that they can be incorporated into the school day or through focussed sessions on Intervention Morning.
- The content of the MOVE programme is produced by Enham Trust.
- Each student has a personalised assessment programme and this is monitored by the senior school practitioner.
- Targets are updated regularly and recorded to ensure progress is tracked.
- Feedback given to parents.