- Proloquo2go is an assistive communication technology app that can be used through the i-pad.
- It's principles are based on symbolic forms of communication like PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)
- The app allows the communicator to access a dynamic vocabulary that grows with them and develops around their daily lives.
- Not all students will be able to access the technology due to the complexity of the app and therefore PECS would be the most suitable alternative.
Aims of Intervention
- To allow communicators access to a dynamic tool for communication.
- To allow each communicator to develop their vocabulary at their pace and reflect their individual daily lives.
- To develop functional communication skills that can be applied in all aspects of their lives.
- Proloquo2go is allocated with direction and support from the Speech and Language Therapists (SaLT).
- Through holistic consultation the technology is linked to a student and they begin to develop their vocabulary set with the support of staff and therapists.
- Students will have mastered PECS in its entirety before moving across to this system.
- Proloquo2go will need to be specified within the SaLT Care Plan and integrated into their Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Regular links with SaLT to discuss progress and vocabulary development.
- Monitoring and updating software to increase vocabulary levels.
- Staff feedback on use and generalisation of skills.
- Student voice.