Read Write Inc.
- It is a programme designed to stimulate and challenge children to be life-long readers and writers.
- The intervention was introduced to school in 2013 and has gone from strength to strength.
- It provides a whole school approach to the teaching of reading, writing and spelling.
Aims of Intervention
- To provide a consistent approach to the teaching of reading and writing across the whole school.
- To allow opportunities for all pupils and young people to begin to access and/or experience a variety of texts.
- To encourage the development of independent skills in writing.
- Students in all Key Stages take part in structured, differentiated tasks and activities to develop phonic knowledge and skills.
- It is delivered through the English curriculum and phonics is delivered daily to students.
- The programme includes;
- PHONICS: A systematic and dynamic literacy programme rooted in phonics.
- LITERACY AND LANGUAGE: A dynamic and effective way to teach all areas of the curriculum.
- SPELLING: Targeted sessions to embed phonetic strategies.
- FRESH START: Proven intervention for struggling readers.
- MY BOOK BLOG: Online library accessing and tracking progress against a range of challenging and stimulating texts.
- Reading assessments are completed regularly and used to assess progress.
- Samples of writing are moderated and levelled termly.
- Pupils engage in a variety of activities to practice spellings in a range of contexts.