Social Use of Language Programme (SULP)
By Dr. Wendy Rinaldi (Doctorate in Educational Psychology & Special Needs)
The programme is designed to support pupils with communication skills and to further develop those skills to underpin qualities and skills which will help them manage school life and learn effectively.
Aims of Intervention
- To enhance student communication.
- To develop skills to enable them to be better communicators.
- To develop awareness skills and how they can manage them.
- A range of modules will be taught focussing on different aspects of communication.
- The literature was originally produced by Wendy Rinaldi.
- They will develop the following skills:
- Eye contact, turn taking, listening, prosody (patterns in language) and proxemics (proximity around others).
- Taking a message, emotions, anger management, bullying and solving conflict.
- Self-awareness, hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, appearance, friendship, likes and dislikes.
- Through session evaluation sheets.
- Target boards within classrooms to share information with class teams.
For more information on Dr. Wendy Rinaldi's work, follow the link below to the website