Teaching and Learning at Key Stage 3
- Students are taught on a 3 year rolling programme.
- Student’s learning is focused on designing, making and applying technical knowledge using a range of materials.
- Students develop skills in cooking as well as learning about nutrition and healthy eating.
Teaching and Learning at Key Stage 4
- Students have the opportunity to complete AQA units, ASDAN Life Skills or ASDAN Transition Challenge as part of their accreditation route.
- Students build on the skills of design, making and evaluating.
- Students further develop their cooking skills to help promote independence as well as further developing awareness of nutrition and healthy eating.
Ways I can help at home
- Let you child explore how things are made.
- Spend time with them, making and exploring materials.
- Allow them to help in the kitchen when making meals or baking.