Teaching and Learning at Key Stage 3
- Students learn about History and Geography. They learn about migration to England, Viking, Battle of Hastings, Henry VIII, Spanish Armada and the Industrial Revolution, WW1, Holocaust an d the 1920s USA.
- Students learn through planned sessions and films that capture that time in History.
- Students learn about Africa, Russia and the Middle East, including population, climate and trade.
- Students will develop skills in map reading, reading a compass and field study.
Teaching and Learning at Key Stage 4
- Students will complete AQA unit awards as part of their accreditation route.
- Students will study coasts, settlement, volcanoes & earthquakes and tourism.
Ways I can help at home
- Visit museums and the local area.
- Watch history programmes on TV.
- Collect memorabilia from holidays.