Teaching and Learning at Key Stage 3
- Students are taught through themes to allow for engaging and challenging science.
- Activities are linked to everyday life experiences to encourage students to develop an understanding of the world around them.
- Activities and resources are differentiated to enable students to reach their potential.
- Students participate in the annual ‘Science Day’.
Teaching and Learning at Key Stage 4
- Students follow the AQA Entry Level Certificate or CREST Star Awards.
- Students complete components in biology, physics and chemistry for AQA accreditation.
- Students complete practical investigations and take part in discussions for CREST Star Award.
- Students take part in the annual ‘Science Day’.
Ways I can help at home
- Take opportunities for experiencing different environments, weathers, animals etc.
- Visit zoos, aquariums, museums, farms, parks, fairgrounds, woodlands, beaches and your own garden.