Careers at West Lancashire Community High School
- educate, advise and inform our pupils of all pathways that will lead them to employment.
- to deliver a broad and balanced careers program that will raise aspirations
- to develop employability skills for them to be positive members of our society and our future work force.
Teaching and Learning at Key Stage 3
- Students learn about the local community jobs and their roles.
- Students learn about themselves, their qualities and skills.
- Students take part in Enterprise Day.
Teaching and Learning at Key Stage 4
- Students learn about colleges through weekly college links.
- Students learn about business and enterprise through the working with Wigan Athletic Community Trust.
- Students participate in Enterprise Day.
- Students will learn about employability through ASDAN short course accreditations.
- Students have the opportunity to take part in two work experience placement.
Ways I can help at home
Encourage you child to be prepared when they take part in work experience.
- Encourage your child to be organised.
- Encourage your child to be aware of their skills and qualities.
- The eight Gatsby benchmarks are a framework for good career guidance developed to support schools and based on good practice across the world.
- More information about Gatsby Benchmarks can be found in the documents below.