The School's Ethos and Values
Our Mission Statement
Committed to ensuring that all our students develop to the maximum of their potential academically, socially and emotionally, preparing them to successfully meet the varying demands of an-ever changing society.
Aims and Objectives
We aim to :
- Promote within each child a positive self image, to encourage self respect and self esteem
- Develop each child's academic learning capacity to the optimum in line with the National Curriculum
- Give each child the opportunity to transfer their learning to everyday life and events to prepare them for community living.
- Develop a child's capacity to have relationships with peers and adults, showing empathy, co-operation, care and respect for others.
How will we do this:
- Working together in partnership with others including families, other professionals and services, mainstream education and society as a whole.
- By ensuring the curriculum is balanced, dynamic and creative, yet also is adaptable to meet the needs of each individual student through their individual education plans.
- Developing systems to monitor the effectiveness of teaching and responding as required with individual and/or group training requirements
- Assessing and addressing the education, physical and emotional needs of each child through appropriate recording systems and meetings
- Promoting the school as a resource for the community
By ensuring the school building and its equipment are suitable and safe for the needs of our children and staff
We know this has been achieved:
- Through student's responses to all lessons
- Through student's behaviour towards each other and within the community
- Through regular assessment of students
- Through comments/feedback from visitors to the school
- Through regular audits